- Albuquerque Public Schools-Math, Science, & Technology Partnership
-To increase collaboration and resources between science, math, and technology resources
- Albuquerque Science Teachers’ Association
- Professional network organization for science teachers
- American Indian Engineering and Science Society
- The AISES mission is to substantially increase the representation of American Indian and Alaskan Natives in engineering, science and other related technology disciplines
- The Chihuahuan Desert Nature Park, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, is dedicated to increasing scientific literacy by fostering an understanding of the Chihuahuan Desert
- Coalition For Excellence in Science and Math Education -
This coalition works to improve science education and science literacy for all citizens.
- LA META: Mathematics Educators Targeting Achievement - University of New Mexico math science partnership
- Los Alamos Labs (LANL) Math and Science Academy (MSA) - By empowering teachers and facilitating their development of professional relationships that transcend the boundaries of their rural communities, a sense of ownership, commitment and accountability is emerging for project members.
- Masters of Art in Teaching Science for New Mexico K-8 Teachers Online Program -
To facilitate higher education degrees for teachers currently in the classroom
- New Mexico Academy of Science
- to foster scientific research and scientific cooperation, increase public awareness of the role of science in human progress and human welfare, and promote science education in New Mexico.
- Math Science Technology Partnership - partnership with Albuquerque Public Schools, industry, state, and regional entities to create a model math, science, technology program
- New Mexico Public Education Department (NMPED)
- NM EPSCoR, (New Mexico Experimental Program to Stimulate Competitive Research) - state-wide program promoting k-12 math & science educational outreach and supporting research in NM
- NM MESA - New Mexico Mathematics Science Engineering Science Achievement:
promotes education enrichment for middle and high school students
- NMPMSE, New Mexico Partnership for Mathematics & Science Education - state-wide partnership for math/science including higher education, k-12, and business community
- New Mexico Network for Women in Science and Engineering
- To increase the participation and support of women in science and engineering
- NM Science Olympiad
- The Science Olympiad is a national, non-profit, tax exempt organization, devoted to improving the quality of science education, increasing student interest in science, and providing recognition of outstanding achievement in science education by both students and teachers
- New Mexico Science Teachers Association (NMSTA) mission is to provide a network for educators throughout the state to work collaboratively towards improving science education from pre-kindergarten through college. The NMSTA assists classroom teachers by providing guidance and strategies through professional development opportunities the enhance science education.
- NMTC, New Mexico Tribal Coalition - initiative to increase the math & science achievement of Pueblo students
- NM Tech-PEPP (the Princeton Earth Physics Project)
- To increase scientific participation and excellence
- Northern New Mexico Network - Mathematics and Science Circuit Riders
- Santa Fe Alliance for Science - The purpose of the Santa Fe Alliance for Science is to find ways to involve as extensively as possible our large community of technically trained people in local K-12 science education. The purpose of the website is to provide "one stop shopping" for folks interested in this issue. As such, it provides information on science content for students and teachers, calendars of local science events, comprehensive lists of scientifically-oriented museums, non-profits, local businesses and schools, links to national and New Mexico standards and assessments, and much more. It also provides a convenient way to join and take part in Alliance activities.
- Scientifically Connected Communities -
Scientifically Connected Communities, in collaboration with the Mathematically Connected Communities program, is dedicated to changing the current achievement scores of New Mexico students by facilitating schools and/or school districts in providing a collaborative and consolidated effort to improve science.
- SEMAA - K-16 after school programs, family & community involvement, and use of New Mexico State University Aerospace Education Laboratory
- Society for Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS) -
The mission of the Society for Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS) is to encourage Chicano/Latino and Native American students to pursue graduate education and obtain the advanced degrees necessary for science research, leadership, and teaching careers at all levels.
- STEM, Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics - information regarding k-16 STEM projects and initiatives from NMSU
- Unlisted NM science initiatives please send us your information and URL address if you would like to be included in the above list.