Principal Professional Learning Community (PPLC)
Welcome to the MC2 Principals Professional Learning Community support system! We are excited to offer you an opportunity to continue your own professional learning regarding how to implement changes in math teaching at your school resulting in increases in student learning. Principals have the power to make or break a school initiative. They set the tone, lead the vision, prioritize the focus, and create school cultures that promote a climate of learning and collaboration. MC² provides opportunities for principals to personally undertake the study of mathematics and pedagogy in order to refine their leadership and management skills directly tied to improving mathematics teaching and learning. Professional learning opportunities for administrators include research-based learning designs leading to changes in their knowledge, skills, and dispositions. The results are an increase in principal knowledge and skills to support teachers as they change their practice in the classroom.
All principals of teachers who attended the Summer 2017 MathLabTM and/or Math Institute are invited to participate in the following learning sessions. Mark your calendars! We look forward to our professional partnership, working together to improve mathematics teaching and learning for all New Mexico students!
Summer 2017 Leadership Academy
Fall 2017 Academy: Held on Friday, October 20, 2017 in Las Cruces.
- PPLC Fall Academy Participant Agenda
- MC2 PPLC Fall Academy Presentation
- MC2 Implementation Framework Teacher Practices
- Implementing-Change (fillable pdf)
- MC2 Implementation Guide
- Activities-vs-Outcomes article by Janice Bradley, Linda Munger, and Shirley Hord
- Sample Logic Model and Blank Logic Model (fillable pdf)
- Transfer of Learning Chart from Student Achievement Through Staff Development – by Bruce Joyce and Beverly Showers 2002
- MC2 Leadership Principles Crosswalk
Spring 2018 Academy: Held on Friday, February 16, 2018. in Truth or Consequences, NM.
- PPLC Spring Academy Participant Agenda
- MC2 Spring Academy Presentation
- Logic Model and Blank Logic Model (fillable pdf)
- Effective Mathematics Teaching Practices NCTM Principles to actions: Ensuring mathematical success for all.
- MC2 Leadership Principles Crosswalk
- SAVI Grid from Conversation Transformation by Ben Benjamin, Amy Yeager, and Anita Simon.(more about the SAVI Grid)
Online Monthly Meetings. Log-in information, agenda, and handouts will be emailed to the PPLC listserv. Requests to be included on this listserv may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, April 30, 2018, 4:00 PM (Reflections)
Monday, March 19, 2018, 4:00 PM
Monday, March 5, 2018, 4:00 PM Monday, January 22, 2018, 4:00 PM Monday, November 27, 2017, 4:00 PM Monday, October 30, 2017, 4:00 PM Monday, September 18, 2017, 4:00 PM Monday, August 28, 2017, 4:00 PM
Wednesday Blasts: Emails containing research tips and questions to consider sent to PPLC listserv every Wednesday. If not already receiving these, email email@example.com to request being added to listserv.
- February 28, 2018 – What ideas have sparked for you?
- February 21, 2018 – Debrief of PPLC Spring Academy
- February 14, 2018 – Inside the Classroom
- February 7, 2018 – Preview of PPLC Spring Academy
- January 31, 2018 – Preparing for PPLC Spring Academy
- January 17, 2018 – Invitation to Online Meeting
- January 10, 2018 – Effective Mathematics Teaching
- January 3, 2018 – Teacher Efficacy
- December 13, 2017 – Celebrate!
- December 6, 2017 – Secrets Revealed!
- November 28, 2017 – The Leap
- November 15, 2017 – The Seven Part Plan
- November 8, 2017 – Clarity
- November 1, 2017 – Implementation
- October 25, 2017 – Creating a Sense of Urgency
- October 4, 2017 – Instructional and Shared Leadership
- September 28, 2017 – Eight Assessment Strategies
- September 20, 2017 – Webinar and PPLC Academy Reminders
- September 13, 2017 – Teacher Credibility
- September 6, 2017 – Teacher Implementation from MathLabTM
- August 30, 2017 – Support Implementation of Strategies from MathLabTM
Catch-Up Webinar: YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uWkvtteGD0
This webinar, recorded on Monday, October 9, is facilitated by Janice Bradley, Mathematically Connected Communities (MC²). The intent is to provide each principal whose teachers attended MC² Summer 2017 Professional Learning with the opportunity to learn how to support teachers’ implementation of practices that result in every student’s mathematical growth and proficiency.