2014/2015 Countdown to PARCC
2013 District Leadership Workshop Resources
- Building relationships through conversation by Julie Lambert and Valerie Mitrani from Tools for Learning Schools, Winter 2013, Vol. 16, No. 2.
- Five "Key Strategies" for Effective Formative Assessment by The National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, 2007.
- Globally Challenged: Are U.S. Students Ready to Compete? The latest on each state's international standing in math and reading by Paul E. Peterson,
Ludger Woessmann, Eric A. Hanushek and Carlos X. Lastra-Anadón, PEPG Report No.: 11-03
August 2011. A study prepared under the auspices of Harvard’s Program on Education Policy and Governance (PEPG) and Education Next at the Taubman Center for State and Local Government at the Harvard Kennedy School looked at data to compare the U.S. basic proficiency levels in reading and mathematics of the graduating classes of 2011 with that of other industrialized nations.
- K-8 Publishers' Criteria for the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics
- Reviving Teaching With "Professional Capital' by Michael Fullan and Andy Hargreaves published online June 5, 2012, Educaton Week
- Standards for Professional Learning: Implementation developed by Learning Forward, 2011.
- What Do Parents Need to Know? from Spotlight on Common Core State Standards Series published by Education Northwest, March 2011 (en Español)
- Van de Walle, J., Karp, K, & Bay-Williams, J. (2013). Helping Students Master the Basic Facts, Elementary and Middle School Mathematics: Teaching Developmentally 8/E (pp. 171-173). San Francisco, CA: Pearson.
- Van de Walle, J., Karp, K, & Bay-Williams, J. (2013). What Does it Mean to Understand Mathematics, Elementary and Middle School Mathematics: Teaching Developmentally 8/E (pp. 23, 24). San Francisco, CA: Pearson.
2013 Regional Workshop Resources
- K-5 Addition Packet
- Textbook Review Rubrics
- MC² 2013 Instructional Materials Evaluation Rubric (Long Form) and MC² Scoring Sheet to be used with Long Form
- Studying Supporting Documents
- Structured Stationery - 6 Shifts in Mathematics Instruction, Math Practices, Critical Area, & PARCC
- Table Tents - Grade Level in green cardstock & Math Practices in yellow Cardstock
- Supporting Documents - 6 Shifts - NM Implementation Plan, CCSSI Math Standards Pratices Only (pgs 6, 7, & 8), CCSSI Math Standards Expanded, CSSI mathematics Appendix A, PARCC Model Content Frameworks - Mathematics Version 3 Nov. 2012, Claims Structure page, PARCC Prototype Items,
- Textbook Review Rubric - MC² 2013 Instructional Materials Evaluation Rubric (long Form) and MC² Scoring Sheet to be used with the Long Form.
2012 English Learner Workshop Resources
- Level 1 Workshop
- Comprehensible Input
- CMP Moving Straight Ahead, Investigation 3, pgs 48-50.
- Planning for Instruction
2012 NM Common Core Math Summer Academies/Leadership Conference for use by Implementation Teams
2011 NCTM Albuquerque Regional Conference
2008 MC² Summer Mathematics Academies
2008 MC² Summer Leadership Action Steps
2006 MC² Mathematics Leadership Conference:
- Standards, Curriculum, and Research powerpoint
- "Ma and Pa Kettle's Math" video, an excerpt from: Ma and Pa Kettle Back on the Farm (1951)